Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where does the time go?

Kennedy had a definite fun-filled birthday. I just can't figure out where this year has gone. She has gotten so big, so fast! 2 days after her birthday she started taking her first steps alone.
They are such cute, clumsy little steps. We are so excited about it. Here are a few pictures from her great little day. (This is a pretty lengthy post...sorry)


Kennedy got this kitchen/living room thing...Loves it! One side is a kitchen with a sink, oven, toaster, stove- then she can go over the bridge to the "living room." haha. Every time she goes back and forth, there is a motion sensor that starts playing music. She totally understood that crossing to the other side causes music to play. It keeps her totally entertained, and I couldn't be more grateful.
Here she is going...

back...
...and forth.


We got K her very own SMASH cake. We SO enjoyed watching her dig into it and rub it all over her face and hands. I must say I was proud of how clean she kept the floor and her clothes. However, she wasn't able to keep it outta her nose and once her little nosie started to itch, the fun was over! It was a H00T!
Happy Birthday to you!
It started out as good, clean fun.



then....
yummy finger lickin'

Ohhh yeahhh...


It's great to be ONE!


Isn't this fun dad?


Chocolate cake-filled nostrils...



After all of the birthday cake fun, Kennedy brushed her teeth with her new toothbrush. Have I mentioned she almost has NINE teeth!?

We also attempted to get her pictures taken earlier this day, and she was NOT havin it. I will post some when I get them back...if they turn out that is. :)

Happy B-Day to my ONE year old! Love you <3

6 comments:

AnGiE said...

Oh she is so cute! I can't believe she is already one! The time really does fly!

Stauffer Family said...

WOW, fun birthday I wish I was 1 and could play in a cake with my hands and it be okay. 9 teeth! When did they all come last I knew she had 4. Once they start they just keep popping. PS I heard you had a cool birthday date, ME TOO!

Amy said...

Some days I wish I could just sit down and shove a whole cake in my mouth! lol! She is so stinkin cute... her and Maddie are going to be the best of friends. I miss you!

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

That was a really cute post and I can't believe that she is one already. She is adorable and I am happy that you guys had a good time celebrating.

Stacy said...

What a fun day, i can't get over how much hair she has, she is so cute!

Elisa & Josh said...

What a cutie! I can't believe your second is almost here! Hope all goes well. :)