Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Since it's been a minute....

Tomorrow is the last day of my nursing program and I could NOT be more EXCITED! This month has been like the last month of pregnancy...it can't go by fast enough and seems to drag on, and on. You all know what I mean. I found out yesterday I am going to be doing my preceptorship at McKay Dee in the ICU. I'm feeling slight anxiety about it but I'll survive :o) Left on the agenda: Precepting, Program exit exam, NCLEX review, and the NCLEX! AH. It rises my blood pressure just thinking about it.

Madison turned the BIG 1 on March 20. She is now walking all over, trying to run, and climbing stairs like crazy. I was downstairs yesterday doing laundry and couldn't find her anywhere. Come to find out she had climbed the stairs alone, unsupervised. Not cool! I went upstairs and she was sitting at the top laughing. What a turd. I love her.

Kennedy is now 2. She is such a GIRL, it's scary. We have to put her hair up in curlers daily, she has to have her bracelets on, then she prances around looking at herself in every mirror or reflective device possible. She's going to give her poor daddy a heart attack one day.

Oh yeah....our house is up for sale! I had fallen deeply in love with a beautiful home not too far from us. It was on the market for 4 months or so...no offers. As soon as we got an offer on OUR home, theirs went under contract. I must admit, I was heartbroken. Sometimes no matter how much you want something, you have to believe some things are not meant to be and things happen for a reason. So at this point we're tossing around the thought of building a new home in Clinton. We have some plans drawn up and we'll go from there.

Since I haven't updated in a while I figured I'd update you (if I still have any readers, lol) on our lives. I feel like I have fallen off the face of the planet this past year. Life will slow down soon, and I look forward to it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you blog tittle. I get asked that all the time? "So do you Brag alot?!" Sometimes I want to say SHUTUP! LOL

Rick and Danielle said...

Me too!! hahaha

Amy said...

Congrats on being finished with school! That is so exciting, I'm so proud of you for sticking to it, having TWO babies! I still don't know if you're really motivated or really stupid for doing it that way, lol! Good luck on the house hunt too. Hopefully we can get together soon, I feel like you're my long, lost friend. I miss you.

Rick and Danielle said...

I know Amy :o( Like I said, once I'm done with this life should be sooo much less hectic. Then we need to make a girls trip to Olive Garden with Kelli or something. Love u!

Tai and Joe said...

Holy cow! your back, Congrats on school, you are my hero. You need to post pictures of your cute girls.

Kelli Nakagama said...

Yay! So glad to see you updated! And YES I would love an Amy/Danielle/Kelli dinner!!

And congrats on school!

Nick + Briana said...

I'm so glad you finally decided to blog and update us!! Congrats on finishing nursing school!!! And I thought it was hard when I went through it... well I didn't have 2 kids!!! I really don't know how you survived but good job!!! Sorry about the house... we know just how that feels. Same thing happened to us on a house we fell in love with and here we are over 4months later and hopefully right on the verge of getting another one! But yes, things do happen for a reason so I'm sure it'll all work out! Good luck and call me sometime!!! :)

kodyandsabrina said...

Danielle, I was so excited to have seen your blog off of one of our friends. I haven't seen you forever! I am so glad that things are great for you. Congrats on nursing school, that is awesome. We should have a play date sometime.