Saturday, August 30, 2008

Baby goes Bonk!


Little funny story, but I feel like a horrible mom. After Kennedy's bath at night, I always put her in the bouncer ON the counter to feed her her cereal. So tonight I set her in there and YES, strapped her in. I stirred up her cereal and went to the pantry to get her fruit, and THUNK! I look back and she is laying FACE DOWN on the counter. Of course after the shock set in she started crying and I felt terrible. How did she get out of the straps in her bouncer? I'll never know. I've tried putting her in the high chair but she gets too distracted with everything when she's sitting straight up. She wants to do everything else BUT eat. She is a total busy body. So anyway, I was beginning to notice a little bump on the left side of her head when I laid her down and am praying it's not one of those ugly black & blue goose eggs! I tried putting a little bag of ice on it for a minute hoping it wouldn't be HUGE in the morning but she wasn't having that at all. She is so brave and cute. I just went in to check on her head and she is sleeping like a log. Just have to publicly let everyone know how much I LOVE her. She is the best. I feel like I've posted too much about myself and not enough about my family and baby whom I absolutely adore. Have a great night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sad! when tee was a baby I'd always lay him on the bed. he would ALWAYS scoot off. Greg used to just yell at me and tell me "That could kill him!" Ha Ha!! We just laugh now. They get hurt and we're like your fine, get up!!

Amy said...

It's ok... I still think you're a good mom. I need to see some UPDATED pictures of Kennedy since I haven't even met her yet! I can't believe all of her hair, it's so cute!
Are you going to find out early what you're having or wait till the 20 weeks ultrasound?

Anonymous said...

oh so sorry! i hate when that happens. especially when they are that young, but prepare for many more. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle---This is Amie's sister Annie. :)

I just read about you exspecting #2....yea!!!! I have to tell you that I was in your SHOES!! Abbie was 8 months old and I got pregnant with Autumn. I felt like I had twins for quite a while---2 in diapers was hard. BUT they are great friends now(mostly) they will be great buddies when they are older! Soooooo gooooood luck, you will do great!

email me your email and I will add you to my blog...k
Sixthwest@hotmail.com

Jessica said...

Danielle! I'm glad you found me! Your little girl is just too cute - I'm sure the next one will be just as cute too!! Hope all is well!

Lauren said...

girl!!! your family is fantastic. If kennedy ever goes missing, it's probably because I stole her.

Amanda said...

And the worst mother of the year award goes to....

PUG!!! Congratulations!

Looking at your blog is such a treat for me! You would have to cutest baby ever made. I bet she's almost as squishy as my grandpa. I'm linking you right this second.